Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, October 6, 2014

Birthday Dreams ... Pokemon Themed Cupcakes

The next themed I signed up for Birthday Dreams (Bringing Birthday's to Homeless kids) was a Pokemon party.  I did some googling and found some ideas I ran with from 1st Birthday Cakes and New Party Ideas.  From there I just kind of made it my own using candy clay to make the toppers.  

What you Need:
Candy Clay (White, Red, Yellow and Black)
Black Piping Gel
Cupcakes
Frosting

Frost your cupcakes and then get to work on your candy clay.  Since I make cupcakes once a week for this charity I have a stock on candy clay in my fridge.  I did make some new to make these ones.

Candy clay is so easy to make and it holds it shape unlike the fondant I use to make cupcake toppers.

Candy Clay
12oz Candy Melts (In Red, Yellow, Black and White)
1/4 Cup light corn Syrup

Melt your Candy Melts in microwave (mine takes about 2 minutes). Stir them to become smooth and add the corn syrup.  It will become thick and form a ball.  Wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit out and dry.  Takes a few hours or over night is best. (alexis note: I found to roll this out use a little powder sugar (like you would do with flour), also you have to kneed it a little like you would dough to make it easy to roll out).




For Pokeball:



Need:
White Candy Clay
Black Candy Clay
Red Candy Clay
Black Pipping Gel
Frosted Cupcakes
Circle Cutter
Small Circle Cutter (or a pipping tip like I did)
Knife

Roll out the red candy clay (with a little powder sugar), take a circle cutter and make red circles.  Then roll white candy clay (with a little powder sugar), take a circle cutter and make white circles. Take a knife and cut your circles in half.  Put a white and red half together by pushing them together.  Then take a small circle cutter to make white circles for the middle. I used a little black pipping gel to out line the small circle and the outline where the white and red meet.  Add to a frosted cupcake!


For Pikachu:

Need:
Yellow Candy Clay
Black Candy Clay
Red Candy Clay
Black Pipping Gel
Frosted Cupcakes
Circle Cutter

I rolled out my yellow candy clay (using a little powder sugar). I took my circle cutter to make the face.  for the ears I took a small amount of yellow and formed ear shapes.  I rolled out little balls in red for the cheeks. I added the ears with a little water and then with a little water to the back of the red balls I added the cheeks. I pushed them down to flatten them out.  Doing the same with black to make eyes and a nose.  For the mouth I tried a few different method's like a candy marker, or making it with black candy clay and then finally decided on using my Wilton pipping gel in black. Add to a frosted cupcake!


They turned out pretty darn cool if I must say so:

I picked up these awesome cupcake trays on Amazon.
So much better then the boxes I've been delivering in.


Thanks for Stopping by!

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

8 comments:

  1. My two are obsessed with Pokemon, so they would love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are mine! Cole has picked this as his theme in April :)

      Delete
  2. My husband loves Pokemon and plays online with several coworkers using his DS! He would totally love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job....those came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you take a Pokemon in the bathroom with you?

    Cause it might Pik-a-chu (peek at you)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you can't make, they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! You are so talented.Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son LOVES pokemon and guess what? He has a birthday coming up next month! Guess I'll be making these for him:) See? Inspired! Thank you for sharing this with us at last week's Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party! We hope to see you there again tonight starting @ 9pm est:)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover